Many women I know have an A-figure. This figure type is characterized in that the lower half of the body much wider and more powerful than the top. Therefore, it is often called pear shape. The A character is a very feminine shape and has pronounced curves, which can be wonderful accent. And there are some tips and tricks on how to offset the strong lower body of this type sent. The most important principles I have listed here.
First, however, you should make sure that you are actually an A-type figure. They belong to the A type, when most of the following physical properties apply to you:
- Your shoulders are narrower than your hips when you measure the width of the hips and in approximately the location of the feminine item (which is slightly above the step).
- Your upper body is narrow, your chest rather small to medium in size.
- You have a relatively narrow, clearly visible waist.
- Your legs – both thighs and lower legs – are strong. This also applies to your knee joints and ankles.
- Your legs are noticeably shorter than the upper body including head (measured from each step to the floor or to the head end).
Well, you have recognized yourself again?
In order to optimize the proportions of the A-type, there are a few typical main tasks: the strong hips and thighs have balanced, often shorter legs look longer and this type of slim upper body is clearly accentuated. These 10 styling tips you should consider when you put together your outfits:
- Monetize the view through eye-catching details up – for your most zones. This can be achieved for example by striking the neck or ear jewelry and decor elements at cutouts, shoulders or neck and of course, by a sexy neckline.
- Let your shoulder line seem a bit stronger. Enter collars that go more in width than in length. Do you prefer necklines that accentuate the horizontal line of your shoulders? These include submarine and Carmen cutouts. But Shoulder Tie, shoulder yokes and chest pockets give the needed extra emphasis on the upper body.
- Emphasize your upper arms and shoulders and use them as a counterweight to your hips. Sleeve slice with a lot of volume to the upper arm and shoulder provide just that. For example, select tops with puff sleeves. Make sure that the shoulder of the garments is elaborated concise, for example, by cleverly placed shoulder pads or angular, geometric cuts. Also Bustier Tops fulfill this purpose.
- Look for a tailored, figure-hugging waist your clothes, but who are not severely constrict at the waist. This would emphasize the width of your hips unnecessary. You must avoid straight-cut tops!
- Wear eye-catching colors and patterns and shiny fabrics exclusively on the upper body. Such striking tops should at your narrowest point – up to a maximum just below the waist – end. Below that, you need solid color, discreet and matte fabrics and patterns. The only exception coats and long jackets that extend at least to the mid thigh and thereby transfer the hip and thigh area.
- Avoid tight and pant legs for sure! Your best trousers should be up to a slim waist and then loose and just fall to the ground. Alternatively, slight boot cut trousers are suitable. Shorts in any form are very disadvantageous for you. Whether Capri pants, 7/8 trousers, Bermudas or shorts – these pants make each leg appear shorter and stronger and unfortunately see therefore really only very slim, long legs look good.
- Choose skirts in an A shape that a slim waist, but loose play around. For smaller A-hem women should be at about a hand’s breadth above the knee or knee-skimming, larger women can wear skirts and knee-skimming to calf length.
- In dresses, blazers and coats, you have the chance to move through corresponding cut the waist up slightly and thereby lengthen your legs look. This only works if at the same step is covered – for example, a long shirt worn layered look with a vest.
- Wear – whenever possible – shoes with heels. Together with full-length pants, knee-length skirts and dresses with slightly elevated waist this is the easiest way to make your legs appear longer.
- Make sure that your shoes are not too thin heels or very delicate straps and exhibit details. That does not fit strong legs and shackles, but emphasizes this even further. Your shoes should be simple and compact. It is best to choose shoes in the color of your trousers or skirt stockings – which also lengthens your legs.
I hope that these basic tips will help putting together quite a lot of figure-flattering outfits! Try it on your next shopping trip but just try!